Glorious Ruins

Passion
any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling.
a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything.


Tired plus exhausted and severe headache due to PMS that I had earlier, suddenly gone just a second  I started teaching my students haha.

You all know I talk a lot, and recognizing this I bet my God set me up to "accidentally" love to teach.
Why I choose the word accidentally? Because when I was little (till now) I just know that I love anything with money and trading, being a business woman is one of my passion, never ever come near to my head to be a teacher.

But, God made it through serial of events in my life that surprisingly bringing me into the "me" today.
Graduated from my Diploma of International Business with confident working in a finance company yet ended up failed. Big failure below zero created a lost unstable myself.
During huge desperation, back to my hometown, an uncle from the local organization approach me to help them teaching playgroup in three languages Indonesian, English and Mandarin.
Nothing to do and kinda empty headed I just agreed.

Being a teacher is NEVER be my dream. Ohh.. please look at all those Indonesian teachers! Mostly they live just to survive another day. That time I wonder, why would they want to teach? The salary not even enough to meet monthly gas!

Day after day, teaching the kids just to fill up my empty head (at first) with something more important than being success myself, and trying hard to sweep away the failure-desperation by killing time to play and teach those kids bring such a sudden weird joy! The wonderful feeling when your student understand you and learn fast, the feeling just like the feeling when you won a jackpot lottery ! or maybe more than that. Though playgroup students won't remember your hard work for them, because as they grew up they will just forget who you are *sad* but that's the consequences teaching kids under 5 y.o. haha. However, kids are awesome! I'm a very mean and strict to them, I will even hit their butt and do some punishment if they did something bad/rude, but somehow they knew deep down that I love them all. They just knew it! and even if the boys from other class hurt me, they will fight them for you!!! That's an amazing moment for me, though I still punished Shen-shen (my student name who "mencakar" anak lain gara gara itu anak ngejambak Laoshi Aniex! hahaha) yet he still loving me in his own way. He never sit quietly or behave a good boy at all, but.... everything I taught in the class, he somehow managed to listen to me, amazing huh? And that fight with a next door kid was the bizarre moment where in one hand I mad at him because he hurt others, the other hand I'm proud because that other kid was actually the one that rudely and suddenly pull my pony-tail hair, Shen-shen just ran to him and fight back, sambil pelo-pelo bilang: "kamu nakal!!! (mencakar anak itu) itu laoceku itu!" bwahahahahaha I'm proud of him !

After that year and half teaching, finally I understand why all those teachers chose to be teachers.
The joy to "turut mencerdaskan anak bangsa" may sound cliche but it happens for real!

Last week a pastor visited Caruban, he studied in States, so we ask him to preach in English to my students. I told him not to talk fully in English, because I was not confident enough my students will understand him, yet he keep talking fully in English. The moment that made me proud, they understand him!!! Not every vocabulary, but they understand and got the point, some even interactively answering his questions and asking back. I'm a proud teacher!

The pastor left with a note: I appreciate for what you've done to them, keep on doing it! *mewek*
Because sooooo many times I was about to give up, teaching "anak desa" english? for what? some people might say. And sometime kids just don't listen to you, or didn't show up whilst I always trying to spare some energy for them. But all those will just gone by the time I knew they grew up smarter than the other kids their age, they grew more confident too and they behave politely and got some good attitude toward life and they grow stronger each day in faith. I wish them all the best of luck in the world!

Well, I'm not perfect.
My English isn't 100% right.
My grammar is awful.
My pronunciation sometime will sound more javanese.
But God has opened a new horizon through all those ruins, I learned a lot too by doing.
I'm able to recognize my other passion for others and for kids.
Even more, I can turn my extra-talkative-gift to be more meaningful and useful by teaching haha.

So, wonderfully God has shine His glorious grace to light my failure and let the ruins come to life in the beauty of His name. To make me rising up from the ashes, in the shadow of His wings, let my heart find strength in His presence, by His abundant love my soul will find refuge and forever I'll sing!

It's a glorious ruin indeed!
Thank God!





Komentar