Serendipity

Serendipity
Once I heard that word, I remember about one favorite movie of mine. In dictionary it means 1. an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident. 2. good fortune; luck: the serendipity of getting the first job she applied for.
A good translation!
In one of Paul Scanlon's sermon (I don't even know who he is, gua beli cd sermon inih online @ www.benih.com, dan tertarik untuk beli gara2 judulnya "serendipity" hihi) Paul mentioned that he is a man who do planning, agenda and all of that, but he also mention "but sometime we just need to let go and let God". And he told some stories of him, how he "serendipiti-ly" believe in Jesus an amazing stories he told. Then I started to recall some of my own "serendipity" stories. How I "met" Ps.Jeffrey Rachmat was a memorable one, because I listened to him back long time ago in highschool time, but I "knew" him just 2008 (pas 'gak sengaja' ke surabaya dan dia guest-speaker there!) That time I googled him and found out that he is a senior pastor of a church called JPCC, click on the website, there's an advertisement about "Treasure Women Conference" they will hold with interesting title "Endless Possibilities" without tit-for-tat thinking I click and buy the ticket. I came alone, with no one I know there, but yet it didn't make me less-eager about the conference, that time I only got this word in my head: "God... What's next?!" Hohoho. Yeah being "stranger" in such a crowd was something! I felt nervous in a sudden when first time I saw all those marvelous decoration and beautiful ladies 'seliweran'. But my "eager-ness" about to listen and "see" Ps. Jeff,(the one who really knocked my head long time ago which made me a new person with new thinking and as result I experienced the wonder of God more often than before), made me "EGP" enough to just sit there and smile! One beautiful lady called Yoni Rotty suddenly came and we made friend.
The next year conference 2009, Yoni wasn't able to join the event, so I'm all alone again in the conference. But God surprise me with more friends I knew through lunch break. Mellisa, Brenda, Eliana, Regina. And another serendipity-surprise on my way back home, I missed the flight!! Yet, it's a moment where I knew Rivanna (aka Tacik) dannn gara2 ketinggalan pesawat bareng itu we got close VERY fast! Ditambah si tacik itu ternyata alumni HuaInd dan temennya ce Bibi (my ex-roommate)....and she is a great friend, fun to be with, and a good-business-woman to whom I can learn more!
There's far more serendipity-moments that will take hours to write it here...and the serendipitous still happening again and again....
Just like last night when I mention that serendipity-word to Paige, and she replied: Oh yeah, our meeting also a serendipity one!
Yup! I agree on that! Bizarre serendipity divine moment to meet them here in Caruban, far away from Texas, and yet they are actually my-prayer-answer, and vice versa I'm their's.
God is beyond all compares! Very creative! I love surprises, and HE always surprise me with all those "serendipity" moments.
Thank You!
:)

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

Komentar